Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions
Opinions about condition of a product are subjective. What a customer perceives as good condition might completely different to yours. We believe that by asking for condition, we create another layer of friction within the trade-in experience, and can delay the customer receiving their credit.
Learning how to price your trade-in items correctly can help to mitigate paying too much for older items, and we think that the depreciation rule is especially powerful here, as it allows you to tie the trade-in offer price directly to the age of the product (which acts as a rough proxy for condition).
Every merchant is different and so there is no 'one size fits all' approach to pricing products for trade-in. If you would like to request dedicated support with this, please reach out to [email protected]
You may find that you have to close a trade-in order without issuing credit to the customer (e.g. the customer has lost an item they had selected for trade-in). To do this:
- 1.Head over to the trade-in order page (remember, you can look up trade-in orders by their ID)
- 2.Click Finish receiving with Qty received set to 0 for each item in the trade-in order. We also recommend leaving the customer a note to let them know you are closing this order.
- 3.You will then be notified on the pop-up page that the you have not selected any items as being received and the credit being issued to the customer will be £0.00. Clicking Confirm - complete trade-in will close the trade-in order and make the associated items eligible for trade-in again. The customer will be notified by email that their trade-in order is now closed.
The app will live within your website and you have complete control over where it is located. Further instruction can be located in the Storefront tab of the Settings page.
We issue credit to the customer on your behalf, by using the Shopify Discount APIs. As soon as you finish receiving trade-in items, the credit is automatically issued to customers by email and is also available through the 'My Trade-ins' section of the app.
You are able to manage and track these discount codes in the Discounts section of the Shopify admin pages.
Currently, the app is only able to offer domestic shipping options for customer based in the UK US, Germany, and Canada. Customers outside of these markets will need to provide their own shipping. Additionally, cross-border trade-ins could be subject to additional taxes and costs at the border, so please be aware of this. We would currently advise against accepting cross-border trade-ins but understand that many merchants have large customer bases in many markets.
To upgrade or downgrade your subscription
- 1.Head over the to Shipping & Billing tab in the Settings page
- 2.In the Subscription details section, click Cancel subscription
- 3.Confirm the subscription cancellation by hitting the Yes - cancel plan subscription button - don't worry, all of your data will be retained!
You will then be redirected to the first page of the installation process where you can select a new subscription tier. Approving the new subscription charges will direct you back to the main pages of the app.
Unfortunately, any returns included in your pricing plan at the end of the billing period will not rollover into the next billing period.