When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account, including:
- View Shopify account dataTern Trade-in will be able to access personally identifiable information about your Shopify account, including your account email addresses, phone numbers, and locations.
- Edit productsThis includes: products, inventory, and collections.
- Edit ordersThis includes: order fulfillments and all order details. Tern Trade-in will be able to access personally identifiable information about your customers, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, geolocations, IP addresses, and browser user agents.
- Edit customersThis includes: customer data. Tern Trade-in will be able to access personally identifiable information about your customers, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses.
- Edit your Online StoreThis includes: script tags in your Online Store.
- Edit other dataThis includes: discounts.
The authenticated access scopes that we use to access this information through the Shopify APIs are:
- read_script_tags / write_script_tags
- read_customers / write_customers
- read_fulfillment / write_fulfillment
- read_products / write_products
- read_all_orders / read_orders / write_orders
- read_inventory / write_inventory
- read_discounts / write_discounts
Additionally, we collect the following types of personal information from you and/or your customers independently of the Shopify APIs once you have installed the App:
- customer’s login information is collected upon accessing the returns center if they are logged in, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and order information
- other information entered by customers as part of the returns process, such as name, email phone, address and order information.
- general technical information, including IP addresses and web browser details. IP addresses are kept in the server logs for security and troubleshooting purposes, as is standard practice.
We collect personal information directly from the relevant individual, through your Shopify account, or using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For customer sessions, we store details about your current return session in your browser's local storage. Other session-related cookies may exist. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visithttp://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic on our Shopify App store page.
We use the personal information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we use this personal information to: Communicate with you; Optimize or improve the App; and Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We share relevant personal information with a number of third parties in order to provide the Service and operate the App. These include:
- Amazon/AWSWho host our app and provide the resources for storing data collected through the app.
- Popout, Inc. DBA ShippoWho provide our returns logistic services.
- Eastsideco LTDWho are our app developers.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Your Rights If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records indefinitely unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
Tern Eco LTD 159 High Street, Barnet, United Kingdom, EN5 5SU