For products that require registration
Learn about how to create trade-in profiles for products that require registration
Trade-in profiles for products that require registration are created using a tree-like structure. As a merchant, you set-up the different levels or categories that customers navigate to find the product option that they wish to trade-in. This design allows you to create as complex structures as you want.
The image below shows one example of a trade-in profile for products that require registration.
Trade-ins profiles for products that require registration will be unique to each store and can be structured in infinitely different ways.
The general structure of the trade-in profile is Primary category -> Subcategories -> Product options.
The following instructions are an example of how you would create the trade-in profile shown in the image above:
- 1.In the Primary category panel, select Add category and give it the name Clothing. Then click Done.
- 2.In the Subcategories panel, click Add subcategory to Clothing.
- 3.Give the subcategory the name Mens, check the Add product options to this category, and optionally add some Additional information. Then click done.
- 4.In the Product options panel at the bottom of the page, you can then create the three product options. This can be done easily by:
- 1.Adding a name
- 2.Setting the credit value you want to offer for the product option
- 3.Adding a weight (this is required for shipping)
- 4.Selecting Add button.
- 5.Once the three product options for the Mens subcategory have been added, you then need to create the Womens subcategory. This can either be done by repeating steps 2-4 or duplicating the Mens subcategory and then editing the necessary product option.
Being able to duplicate a primary category or subcategory can save you a lot of time when creating your trade-in profiles.
- 1.Next to the name of the primary category or subcategory that you want to duplicate, click thebutton.
- 2.A pop up will then appear in which you are required to give the duplicate category a new name.
- 3.Clicking Duplicate category will then create the new duplicate category.
To edit a primary category or subcategory, simply click the
button next it's name.
To delete a primary category or subcategory, simply click the
button next it's name. A pop up will then appear to confirm you are happy to delete the category.
Please note that if you delete a primary category or subcategory, it will also delete all additional subcategories or product options that are nested beneath it. Additionally, you will be unable to restore the category once it has been deleted.
The order of the primary categories, subcategories and product options in the merchant admin correlates to the order that they appear in the trade-in portal.
Comparison of how the order of items in the merchant admin correlates to the order of items in the trade-in portal
To reorder a primary category, subcategory, or product option, simply click and drag the
icon next to the item you want to move, and then let go once it's in the desired position. Make sure to the click save in the banner at the top of the page otherwise the new order won't be saved.
There are a couple of additional settings that you can customise that are specific to product registration. To access these, click the Customise button in the banner at the top of the page.
In the app, there are a number places where we show product images, for example, in the confirmation page and in the notification emails. For products that come from order history, we simply pull the image from the original product listing. For registered products, as there is no related listed we allow you to upload a custom image that will be shown instead. We also provide a default image (shown above) that you can use.
This setting will only apply if you have enabled both trade-in methods on your store.
You can customise the copy for the pop-up that is shown when customers attempt to proceed with their trade-in once they have selected items from their order history (also shown in the video below). It allows the customer to say whether they would like to add additional products through product registration or not.
When customers select a product option to add to their trade-in, they will be prompted to answer a couple of questions about the product.
This setting allows you to customise some of these questions and additionally add some of your own.
All questions marked with the mandatory tag cannot be removed.
Clicking the Edit button for this question will bring up the pop-up shown above. Within it you can choose to:
- Enable or disable the question
- Select the answer format - the image below shows how each option looks (free text vs toggle button).
On the left, the free text answer format is shown. On the right, the toggle button answer format is shown.
You can choose to create a custom question that customers must provide answer to in order to add their registered product to their trade-in.
To create the custom question you must fill out the following fields:
- Question - This is the question that will appear to the customer (e.g. 'What colour is the product')
- Answer format - This is how the customer will answer the question. Choose either from free text or predefined options that you specify. For the latter, you can add up to 5 options that customers can choose from. The image below shows how the two answer options appear (Option select vs Free text).Option select vs Free text answer formats.
- Help link (optional) - If customers may need additional information to help them answer the question (e.g. What is the serial number of the product), you can add a link to a page customers can navigate to. Adding the link will cause a question mark icon (?) to appear next to the question in the trade-in portal. Clicking this will redirect the customer to the page you've specified.
- Question reference - This will only be visible to the merchant and is used to refer to the question when showing the answer in other parts of the app and in the product export.
You can choose to create a condition question that allows customers to specify what condition they products are in. The main difference between this and the custom question is that you can choose to reject products from trade-in that are in specific conditions. The video below demonstrates this.
To set-up the condition question:
- 1.Add the condition question
- Click the Add condition question banner
- Add a question and select the number of answer options
- 2.Edit the answer options
- Click the Edit button next to the answer option you want to edit
- Enter in an answer option name and description of the answer option (e.g. this condition means the product meets ... criteria).
- Decide whether this condition should make products inelgible for trade-in or not.
- 3.Edit the ineligibility message
- Click the Edit ineligibility message button on the condition you've marked as making products ineligible for trade-in. The image below shows what this looks like
- In the pop-up that appears, enter in a Message title and Message content
Like categories and product options, the order of the question in the merchant admin will correlate to the order they appear in the trade-in portal. Unfortunately at this time there is no way to reorder questions once they have been created, so please keep this in mind.