Export your trade-in data
Tern allows merchants to easily export their trade-in data.
The trade-in product data export enables merchant to download a CSV file containing information about products that have been traded-in.
This data can be used to analyse your trade-ins in more detail or create new product listings if you are planning to run a resale programme.
Downloading your trade-in product data is simple and should take less than 30secs. Start by heading over to the Trade-ins page in the merchant admin pages.
- 1.Select the Export trade-in product data button in the top right-hand side of the page.
- 2.In the pop-up that appears, select the time period that you’d like to export the product data from. You can select any of the default options, like the Last 7 days, or you can choose your own.
- 3.Optionally, update the Export Delivery Email. This is the email address we will send the export file to if it is too large to be downloaded in the browser
- 4.Clicking Export will then being the export, and the CSV file will be downloaded to your computer.
The trade-in product export CSV file has been based on the CSV template that Shopify provides, which is normally used to create new product listings. In addition to all of the columns found in the Shopify CSV template, Tern includes a number of additional columns that contain data specific to the trade-in.
Each new row in the trade-in product export CSV represents an individual product that has been traded-in.
For full details about the data included in each column, including how it differs for products from order history vs registered products, please see the table below:
For merchants looking to list trade-in products for resale, the CSV file can be used to import trade-in product data directly to Shopify to create new product listings. We’ve purposely formatted the export CSV to mirror the product template file that Shopify provides, so merchants only need to edit the data before re-uploading the same file to Shopify.
- 1.Edit the CSV file to contain the products that you want to create new listings. Make sure to edit the Handle, Title, Body, and Variant SKU columns as failure to do so could result in overwriting existing product listings.
- 2.Save the file, making sure that it is still in CSV format.
- 3.Head over to your stores admin pages, and navigate to the Products tab.
- 4.Click the Import button, upload your CSV file, and select Upload and continue
- 5.Preview the details about the import, and then click Import products.
After your CSV file is uploaded, you receive a confirmation email from Shopify at the email account used to set up your Shopify store.
For further information or support with importing products using a CSV file, see the Shopify help docs: